Deadline: Novenber 30, 2017
The Japan Student Services Organization (“JASSO”) provides the Follow-up Research Fellowship for Former International Students in Japan to researchers who have previously come to study in Japan from a developing country, region, etc., and are currently active in education, research, or government in their home country, region, etc.
The fellowship extends to those researchers an opportunity to conduct short-term research with academic advisors at universities (except junior colleges) in Japan, and is intended to assist the development of education, research, and public administration in developing countries, regions, etc., and to advance the academic/scientific research and international exchange for Japanese universities.
JASSO will bear the following expenses:
* Round-trip airfare and
* Daily allowance for the recipient and
* Remuneration for cooperation for the research advisor.
* To have nationality of a country/region given below.
* To belong to a university or other educational or governmental institute in the relevant country or region, and be currently working in education, research, or government in their home country. (Employees of private businesses are not eligible.)
* Previous resident status in Japan was a “College Student.”
* To have completed master/doctoral course in a Japanese university or obtained all the necessary credits before graduation (coursework doctor).
* Age is 45 or younger as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., born on April 2, 1972 or after).
* At least 1 year has passed since they returned home after studying in Japan as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., returned home on March 31, 2017 or before).
* Note: If the candidate has stayed for more than 90 consecutive days in other countries/regions after returning to his/her home country, the length of that stay must be excluded from the total length of period after returning home.
* There is a research advisor for the follow-up research fellowship program at the host Japanese university. Such a research advisor conducted research activity of a former international student during his/her study in Japan and also is currently a full-time worker in a Japanese university (except Japanese junior college).
* If the teacher has transferred, the individual can be accepted at the new location.
* If the teacher has transferred or resigned, the individual can be accepted by a teacher that was involved in instruction at the time or a teacher who has taken over supervision of that laboratory.
* To have been accepted by the president of the host university as foreign researcher in accordance with the aims of this fellowship program.
* To be certainly able to obtain a visa to enter Japan if it is required.
* Note: If the acquisition of the visa is not certain as of November 1, the acceptance of the application may be voided.
* To have never been a recipient of this fellowship in the past.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China ( Included Hong Kong, Macao ), India, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem.Rep Congo, Rep. Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Turkey, Yemen, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
For more information, please visit Fellowship Program.