The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation has been at the forefront of making a difference in people’s lives since 2017. As a leading Social Entrepreneurship Foundation in Nigeria, we strive to make a positive life-changing impact on all of our recipients by providing them with all the tools, resources, and monetary support they need in order to succeed.
In March 2017, The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation launched its Young Business Leaders Award to support young Nigerian entrepreneurs with an integrated package of support to help them start and grow sustainable businesses. Helping young people to start their own business can make a direct impact on unemployment – because not only does the young person get a job, but they are able to create jobs for others.
The Award provides access to finance, which is usually the most obvious challenge, as well training and mentoring support. Young Entrepreneurs will receive mini capital to grow their businesses as well as expert local support, specifically tailored to their needs. In 2017, Four (4) young persons (2 males and 2 females) were selected and received the sum of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000) each, at a colorful Award ceremony on June 10, in Makurdi, Benue State.
REQUIREMENTS AND CLOSING DATE:
Applications are invited from Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs who meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicant must be Nigerian aged 18-35 years, who existing or proposed business must be located in Nigeria
- Show a high level of integrity and a commitment to sustainability
- Copy of birth certificate is required
- Submit a Concept Note and Business Sustainability Plan of not more than 5 pages long
- Closing date for the submission of Nominations is May 31, 2018 by 4pm. There will be no extensions. Nominations sent in after this date and time will not be attended to.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION:
All Nominations (Copy of Birth Certificate, Concept Note and Sustainability Plan, not more than 5 pages long), should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com
The successful applicants will receive a Financial Award in the sum of One Hundred Thousand (N100, 000) Naira each, including an all expenses trip to Young Business Leaders Award Ceremony. The Award recipients will also receive at least six (6) months of training and mentoring support.